Hallmark launches new video greeting cards with personal messages
Hallmark Cards has launched video greeting cards that allow senders to add a song, photo or video to the messages they send.
“We’re thrilled to introduce our customers to this new way to send messages of joy, care, love, and encouragement through personalized videos,” said Hallmark Chief Marketing Officer Lindsey Roy. in a press release. “Whether it’s a birthday, holiday, or special occasion, our customers can now find the perfect Hallmark card to help them connect with loved ones through an experiential and immersive way that’s digital and tangible. that can be replayed and revisited for years to come.”
Here’s how it works, according to Hallmark:
- After choosing a Hallmark video greeting card, you scan the card code with your phone.
- Once online, you can add a name, select a song, or attach photos and videos to your message.
- You also have the option to invite other people to join you, by adding their personalized messages to the greeting message, via a special URL.
- Once all the videos are uploaded, Hallmark will quickly assemble the photos and videos into a single video.
- When your loved one receives the card, they scan the card code to view, download and share their video on social media and via direct messages.
Hallmark Video Greeting Cards are available at Hallmark.com, Hallmark Gold Crown stores, and other select retailers. Hallmark also offers a digital-only option on its website where personalized video greetings can be personalized and sent electronically via email, text, or social media using the same technology.
Video greeting cards are $5.99.